7.07.2007

the bus... and free hugs

My car has officially been in the shop for over a month now. But to be honest, I really don't mind because it has forced me to start riding the bus down to Tempe. I love the bus! Its such a great time to read, to just close my eyes and feel a prayer.... or to just watch the people around me (which range in this beautiful spectrum of diversity... on many levels, actually).

Anyhow, as I was conversing with my bus-comrads last night, it reminded of something that was said in the movie, "Crash." Don Cheadle's character said, "In any real city, you walk, you know? You brush past people, people bump into you. In L.A., nobody touches you. We're always behind this metal and glass. I think we miss that touch so much, that we crash into each other, just so we can feel something. "

I absolutely love the thought of getting out of our own private-spaces (whether its our houses, or our cars, or even just our personal comfort zones) and interact with the rest of the world... especially the ones we don't know...

And as I was googling that quote this morning, and found this fabulous video that just brought the whole point to life...

enjoy.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cindi - this video was so beautiful. I just loved it. Have you seen Before Sunrise? The character has a beautiful quote about God not being in you or in me, but in this little space in between. And that we find him in the attempt at finding each other. Of course, I do believe He's in each of us. But that's all the more reason to cross the little space. I haven't been here in a while. It's still so good to read your beautiful thoughts.

Love, Serenity

5:14 AM  
Blogger cindi said...

Beautiful Sererity - Thank you so much for these words. I love this thought. Are you writing/blogging anywhere? You have such a beautiful voice... the world wants to hear it!

3:13 PM  
Blogger Speechy Keen Mrs. Turner said...

Hi Cindy, this is Abby Turner from Truman, remember Mike and I? I have thought about you guys so many times lately, just had to try to get back in touch. Here is my email I would love to hear from you
In Him, Abby and family

4:18 PM  
Blogger Speechy Keen Mrs. Turner said...

here it is, mikenabbyturner@hotmail.com

4:19 PM  
Blogger John Lynch said...

Awesome. Thanks Cindi.

So glad Aleta got to meet you Friday! Can't wait to meet you guys myself.

In Christ's love.

- John

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home