8.02.2009

the long silence....

There's actually a reason its been over a year since I have written anything in this space.

The thing I love the most about the blogosphere is how you can unravel ideas together in the "universe of dialogue." But sometimes the questions we are wrestling with shake our entire belief system. That's where I have been actually... ground zero.

But maybe that's ok.

A very dear friend of mine told me a while back, "Cindi, it is so refreshing to watch you go through your spiritual crisis." That comment really surprised me. How can a person with no answers, who feels like she is tangled up in all these huge questions, be "refreshing" in anyone?

It still feels a little scary to just expose all of these raw nerves here, out in the open where you have no idea who is reading it. If you and I were sitting down over a cup of coffee or a glass of wine, and we could look each other in the eyes, it would be so much easier.... and safer.

But tonight I stumbled across someone's blog and totally connected with what they are thinking and feeling in their own journey. And I have tons of respect for people who are brave enough to talk about the really sensitive areas of their lives... their deeper thoughts. And it felt like such a gift that they let me have a window into their inner life. So with that, I will risk it myself... and talk about the hard stuff.

1 Comments:

Anonymous julie e said...

As far as spiritual crises go, I have been experiencing one for a few years now, although it's never something I've blogged openly about. So kudos, tons of respect to you. I've moved past the ground-zero phase, if not really gotten over it. I think chatting in person can be beneficial, over coffee or whatever and we could compare experiences. Work will be busy tomorrow, but snag me sometime.

xoxo-Julie

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home