12.29.2005

momo


I learned yesterday that one of my favorite people in the world, my Momo, (my beautiful mom's beautiful mother) was diagnosed with a disease that is stealing her health. As my heart is still deeply grieving the reality of this news, it only felt right to take a few moments and celebrate such a beautiful spirit, that will never fade.

Momo and I have always been kindred spirits, even when I was a small child. Its an unexplainable connection, really ... one too deep for words.

It was Momo, and my Grandma Lucy (her best friend), that inspired me to be an artist in the first place. They showed me the beauty of color and art.. the beauty in people, and in the spiritual. And her words were always full of affirmation... with that sweet sing-song voice that I adore so much. But the greatest thing she has done for me, is taught me something with her very life.

You see, Momo has known more pain in her life than anyone I know. Stories I don't want to tell here, but tragic and heart-breaking non the less. But through all of this, she has never let it make her bitter, she has refused to become an opinionated judgemental old woman, and she never complains. In a cynical, grumbling, critical world, her presence is like breath of fresh air.

Mary Kathleen, you will always be embedded in my heart, you will always inspire me with your deep beauty, and my only comfort now is knowing our kindred spirits will be forever. I can only hope to age as gracefully as you have. I love you.

....

3 Comments:

Blogger audiophile alone said...

thats awfull. and ill be praying for her.

5:12 PM  
Blogger cindi said...

thank you, that means a lot!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

cindi, I too will pray for you and your momo...thanks for visiting my blog and your prayers!
Peace

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home