4.01.2006

from the inside out..

A while back, I was getting ready to go to the FutureGen conference, and had to find directions to the hotel. So I did what any digital-native would do, and googled it. But in the search results, I stumbled onto a blog that mentioned FutureGen, and ended up spending a half an hour reading this guy's thoughts about culture and totally connecting with what he had to say.

The ironic part was that even though I loved this guy's heart and the way he thought, it took me a while to figure out who he was. I knew he had to live in the valley (because of the photo he posted of our recent snow) and he also connected with the same people/groups that I love (RobBell, One, Crowder, Miller, etc.)... and then I finally found his profile, and discovered it was Zach Lind (the drummer for Jimmy Eat World).

Where else but the blogosphere can you see someone's heart (and the way they think) before you even know who they are or what they do. Because the truth is, I would have liked this guy just as much if he were a clerk at Walmart. Because its not about our appearances, or our professions, or our status here... its about our thoughts, and our passions, and those moments when you say, "yeah! I am so with you on that one!"

Its like connecting with each other from the inside out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home